Shrove Tuesday is finally upon us meaning Britons are already on the hunt for delicious Pancake Day recipes.
While many of us will opt for the classic lemon and sugar route – other modern upgrades including salted caramel have been growing in popularity in recent years.
We have a perfect recipe that will hit the sweet spot but also allow you to not feel guilty (Depending what you add on the top) afterward 🙂
Why not try our perfect healthy banana pancakes!
for 4 servings
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup quick-cook oats(70 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash bananas in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in eggs and vanilla until well combined, then mix in oats and cinnamon.
- Heat a skillet to medium and add in a scoop* of the pancake batter. Smooth out to form an even layer. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until you start to see bubbles releasing from the top of the batter. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish your pancakes with your favorite toppings! We used banana slices, chopped walnuts & maple syrup.
- *Note: Use ½ cup (65) for scooping the batter to yield 4 thicker pancakes; Use ⅓ cup (40 g) to yield 6 smaller pancakes.